Mental Health Fair
May 3, 2014
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Burtness Auditorium, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Free Event Offers Lectures on Bipolar Disorder and Substance Abuse
For more information, call 569-7471
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital presents its annual Mental Health Fair, with more than 20 non-profit community agencies will be participating and providing free information to the public.
The event will educate the community about services that are available for those affected by mental illness. Local therapists and psychiatrists will present lectures on opiate prescription abuse, bipolar disorder, and young adults with trauma and substance abuse issues (see list below). Educational information and self-assessment tools will also be available.
The Mental Health Fair takes place during National Mental Health Month. The event is sponsored by Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Psychiatric Services.
10:30 AM Paul Erickson, MD – “Sleep: Why we need it and why is it so hard to get?"
11:45 AM Steve Barnett, MD – “Emerging Trends in the Youth Drug Culture”
1:00 PM Jim Piekarski, MFT - “Mastering Emotional Reactivity in Relationships”
Presentations by local psychiatrists and psychologists
Meet local mental healthcare providers, such as:
- Adult Children of Alcoholic and Dysfunctional Families (ACA)
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Center for Successful Aging
- Coast Caregiver Resource Center
- Daniel Bryant Youth and Family Treatment Center of CADA
- Department of Rehabilitation
- Emotional Health
- Family Service Agency
- Friendship Center
- Hosford Clinic
- Hotel de Riviera Dual Diagnosis Program
- Mental Wellness Center
- Narcotic’s Anonymous
- New Beginnings Counseling Center
- Pacific Pride Foundation
- Pathpoint Mental Health
- Phoenix of Santa Barbara
- Rape Crisis Center
- Sanctuary Psychiatric Center
- Santa Barbara Al-Anon/Ala-teen Family Groups
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Inpatient / Outpatient Behavioral Health Programs
- Santa Barbara County Psychological Association
- Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics
For more information, call 569-7471.
Sponsored by Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Psychiatric Services