Data Use Committee
The Purpose of the Data Use Committee is:
- To prescreen data requests and potential research projects in order to classify the purpose/scope of the project and to identify regulatory considerations, such as HIPAA requirements;
- To route a Pre-Assessment Tool (PAT) through upper management so that a request’s institutional suitability can be assessed, as well as the type of support required.
- Meet with your director to determine the quality and feasibility of your study.
- Request a Pre-Assessment Tool (PAT) from Tamara Norton to initiate institutional review.
- If necessary, set up an appointment to meet with Jonathan to discuss project design.
- Additional meetings with the individuals above may be necessary, depending upon the scope of the study. A quick meeting can help determine what steps are necessary to get the research underway (which departments will be involved; staff requirements; access to data needed).
- Submit the completed PAT (e-mail is fine) to Tamara for review by the Data Use Committee.
- Attend DUC meeting to answer questions.
- After DUC meeting, PAT will be routed for approval by Administration, as needed.
Depending upon the scope of the project, you will either receive written notification that the DUC review is complete; be asked to provide additional documents; or receive IRB application materials.
To request a Pre-Assessment Tool (PAT), please contact Tamara Norton in the Research Compliance Department office
Tamara Norton, MHS, CIP
Research Compliance & Project Development Specialist / IRB Coordinator
682-7111 ext. 53336
For protocol development assistance and statistical considerations, contact
Jonathan Grotts, MA
Research Analyst & Project Development Specialist / Statistician