Power Shift: Shifting Evidence into Practice
March 22, 2013
0800-1600 (registration 0730)
Burtness Auditorium, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Registration Deadline is March 15, 2013
Download flyer / registration form
Course Description: This program is designed to simulate one shift in the day of a critical care nurse; the obstacles, evidence, and the resources that are available to nursing at the bedside. Describes the tools needed to make every shift a power shift!
<< Return to Continuing
- Describe three aspects of bedside report that benefit the patient/nurse rapport
- Create critical thinking strategies as the bedside nurse addresses respiratory, pharmaceutical, nutritional and dysrhythmia challenges in critical care
- Understand key principles of Volume based hemodynamics
- Identify methods to incorporate evidence based practice into your practice
- Tami Franco, BSN, RN, CCRN, Clinical Educator, Edwards Life Sciences
- Cheryl Mingee, RN, Clinical Resource Nurse, Medical ICU, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
- Christopher Ray, PharmD, Cottage Hospital Critical Care Pharmacist
- Charleen Strebel, MHA, RN, Educator, Cottage Health System
- Nick Torres, CRT, Respiratory Therapist, Cottage Health System
- Dena VanKlompenburg, RD, Dietician, Cottage Health System
- Patti Wicklund, BSN, RN, CCRN
- Charleen Strebel, MHA, RN
Provider approved for 6.5 contact hours by the California Board of Nursing, Provider #00252. Course meets the qualifications for 6.5 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs &/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider # PCE 741
No charge to employees.CHS Employees register via HealthStream, see category "Critical Care"
CHS Travelers register via HealthStream and forward check for $120 to the Education Department.
- Complete registration form
- Fee is $120.
- Registration is not complete until payment is received.
- Payment: Check for $120 payable to CHS Education Department
and mail to:
Cottage Health System
PO Box 689
Santa Barbara, CA 93102-9985