Health Tip: Shopping for Children's Shoes
(HealthDay News) -- When shopping for a young child's shoes,
it's important to consider more than just how cute the miniature
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers these tips for
- Your child's feet may grow quickly, and sock and shoe sizes can
- Poorly fitted shoes can cause irritation and pain, so always
measure the foot before a shoe purchase and make sure shoes feel
- Don't share shoes or have your child wear secondhand
- Once your child begins wearing the shoes, frequently inspect
the heels, which often wear most quickly. Uneven wear may indicate
a foot problem.
- Let your child participate in shoe shopping.
- Always try on shoes while wearing socks or tights.
- If feet are different sizes, buy the size that fits the larger
2012Copyright © 2012
All rights reserved.