Health Tip: If You've Got Knee Arthritis
(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis in one or both knees can make it
painful and difficult to bend, run or walk.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these
suggestions to help ease knee arthritis pain and discomfort:
- Lose any excess weight to ease strain and stress on the
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Undergo physical therapy.
- Switch from high-impact exercise such as running to low-impact
exercise such as walking or swimming.
- Use a supportive device, such as energy-absorbing shoes, a
brace or a cane.
2012Copyright © 2012
All rights reserved.