Things To Do To Prevent Falling In The Hospital
- Make sure you can reach your call light, your phone and other personal items before the staff leaves your room.
- If you are unable to get out of bed, make sure you can reach your bedpan or urinal before the staff leaves your room.
- Use your call light when you need help.
- If you have been instructed to stay in bed, use your call light and don’t try to get up.
- If you feel weak or dizzy, ask for help when getting out of bed.
- When getting out of bed, sit on the side of the bed for at least one full minute before standing.
- When side rails are up, don’t ever try to crawl over them. Call for assistance.
- Wear non-skid slippers or socks when walking.