Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider
March 19-20, 2013
Registration deadline: October 12
Class Time: 0800 -1600 (Registration 0730)
Location: Burtness Auditorium, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
This two-day Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)-sponsored course is designed to provide core level trauma knowledge in psychomotor skills associated with the delivery of professional nursing care to the trauma patient. Content is presented through lecture and skill station activities. Upon successful completion, participants will receive a verification card from ENA which is valid for a period of four years. This course is recommended for RNs with six months clinical trauma nursing experience.
The course includes lectures, hands-on assessment, and skill practice stations in addition to a written test.
At the end of the course the learner will :
- Review initial assessment of multiple trauma injured patient
- Examine treatments for the trauma patient and multiple trauma patient
- Practice skills stations in the care of the trauma patient.
14.42 hours of continuing education will be provided by the Emergency Nurses Association. BRN# 2322.
Course Instructor and Coordinator:
Jennifer Wobig, RN BSN
Trauma Program Manager, SBCH
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
1. Register via HealthStream and fill in registration form. Healthstream alone does NOT secure spot.
2. Forward check for $100 – make payable to the ‘Emergency Department-CHS’.
3. Send check and completed registration form to Trauma Services
1. Complete registration form.
2. Forward check for $300 – make payable to the ‘Emergency Department-CHS’.
3. Send check and completed registration form to:
Cottage Health System
PO Box 689
Santa Barbara, CA 93102